- 12 May 1993
- Kaumatua, Richard Luke (Te Atiawa) geeting people attending a hui on the Waiwhetu Marae, Lower Hutt. The hui was held in relation to the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act. Photographed by Evening Post staff photographer Phil Reid on the 12th of May 1993. This act was designed to ensure the retention of Maori land ownership and replaced the 1953 Maori Affairs Act. It came into effect on the 1st of July 1993. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s) Single image on negative strip.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Print in Turnbull Library Pictures illustrations file at Ethnology-Maori Lands 1976 (cabinet 7, drawer 4).
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Dominion post (Newspaper): Photographic negatives and prints of the Evening Post and Dominion newspapers / Hui held at Waiwhetu Marae on the Te Ture Whenua Maori Act - Photograph taken by Phil Reid.
- 1 b&w original negative(s) Single image on negative strip, Negatives
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: