[Creator unknown] :Sketch map descriptive of country surrounding Runanga. Taupo district [copy of ms map]. March 25th 1871.
- National Archives of New Zealand
- Military map of the country surrounding Runanga, depicting Armed Constabulary Stations along the Napier - Taupo Road, Maori tracks / trails ('Native tracks'), Maori pa or Kainga ('Native settlements'), European homesteads, hills, mountains, rivers and streams, all of which are named. Armed Constabulary stations are positioned in Runanga, Opepe and Tarawera. Maori walking tracks include the Ripia walking track from Taupo to Napier, and tracks from Tokanu to Runanga, Lake Taupo to Te Whaiti, Rangitikei River to Tarawera, and from the Whirinaki River to Ahikereru, Ruatahuna, and Maungapohatu. One Maori track is identified as 'supposed track to the Urewera Country'. Homesteads include St. Georges and Hilliers. Maori settlements include Herewiwi, Patehe, Wairango. Quantity: 1 map(s). Physical Description: Photographic copy, linen backed, 77 x 55 cm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Aperture card available
- No photocopying allowed. Reproduction for publication requires the permission of the owner of the original.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Digital content available only in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
- 1 map(s), Manuscript maps, Military maps, Photocopies, Sketch maps, Photographic copy, linen backed, 77 x 55 cm.
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.