- between 1885-1901
- Martin, Josiah, 1843-1916
- Montage of photographs depicting scenes of New Zealand and portraits of Maori. Includes images of Tawhiao; Rewi; Maihi Paraone Kawiti outside Porowini Marae at Otiria with Wiremu Te Poro on the verandah behind; Mohi; a Chief of Hokianga (at top right hand corner, name unreadable); Te Atatea (second from top left); and other unidentified people. Also shows a meeting house at Ohinemutu, whare at Parihaka, a carving named Matua Tonga, a group from Rotorua, two Maori warriors, and a person whose name is possibly Ringoringo (writing is partially obscured). Photographs taken by Josiah Martin between 1885-1901. Source of descriptive information - Identification of 'Maihi Paraone Kawiti outside Porowini Marae at Otiria with Wiremu Te Poro on the verandah' from Library patron Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s).
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Negative housed at 1/2-056706
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s), Photographs, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: