- 20 July 1957
- Parish, William Alfred, active 1957
- EP-Agriculture-Trees-1950s to 1970s-02
The felling of a redwood tree in Upper Hutt, taken 20 July 1957 by Detective Sergeant W A Parish of the Upper Hutt police station.
Caption - The cry of 'timber' has been called and Upper Hutt's much-discussed redwood tree crashes to the ground (published Evening Post, 20 July 1957).
Inscriptions: Verso - top right - Photo by Dt Sgt W A Parish, Police station, Upper Hutt.; Verso - bottom centre - The cry of 'timber' has been called and Upper Hutt's much-discussed redwood tree crashes to the ground.
Quantity: 1 b&w original photographic print(s).
Physical Description: Gelatin silver print 20.2 x 25.5 cm
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Digital content available only in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
- Part of
- Dominion Post (Newspaper): Photographic negatives and prints of the Evening Post and Dominion newspapers / Trees
- 1 b&w original photographic print(s), Photographs, Gelatin silver prints, Gelatin silver print 20.2 x 25.5 cm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.