[Hochstetter, Christian Gottieb, Ferdinand von, 1829-1884] : [Map of the southern part of the province of Auckland] [ms map]. [1859?]
- Hochstetter, Christian Gottlieb Ferdinand von, 1829-1884
- MapColl-r832.1cba/[1859?]/Acc.620 - Rack 7/6
- Map presumed to be created by or a copy of a map by Hochstetter because of similarity with Hochstetter's 'Map of the southern part of the province of Auckland' Shows observations of an inland journey in 1859, showing rivers, plateaus, areas of dense forest, limestone ranges and harbours. Shows hot springs, waterfalls, volcanic and pumice areas, probable coal fields as well as native settlements. See also MapColl-832.1cba/1859/Acc.35783-87 Hochstetter 'Map of the southern part of the province of Auckland [copy of ms map]' Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s). Physical Description: Ink on tracing paper, hand coloured, 164 x 120 cm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Colour transparencies (map copied in two pieces)
- Photocopying not permitted
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 manuscript map(s), Manuscript maps, Ink on tracing paper, hand coloured, 164 x 120 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: