Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :Foot note. In June 1977, Mr Highet, on a visit to Australia, was going to try and persuade Tattersalls to stop selling their $25 tickets in a $1,000,000 lottery on the grounds that "the amount of prize money and investment were getting high, possibly a little higher than we consider to be a sensible amount". Evening Post. 2 May 1984.
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
Shows Allan Highet holding a bird cage. The door of the cage is open and a kiwi with a $1 million prize in its beak has flown out. An expectant group of 3 people are standing holding their $25 Golden Kiwi tickets.
Extended Title - Golden Kiwi
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Black ink and letratone on paper, 260 x 390mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1984]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Black ink and letratone on paper, 260 x 390mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.