A D Willis (Wanganui) :[Three labels - West Coast Meat & Produce Export Co Ltd (Patea). New Zealand boiled beef, and New Zealand brawn; and, Mitchell & Richards Tinned Meats, Wanganui. Ox tongues. 1890-1920].
- 1890 - 1920
- Archibald Dudingston Willis (Firm)
- Top two labels show the same scene of Mt Taranaki, framed between a Maori whare and a cabbage tree (probably based on Allom's lithograph of Heaphy's view of Mt Egmont). As well there are decorative panels of an Oriental style. Bottom label shows a view of the central mountain plateau, with a ship coming into harbour in the foreground. This view is flanked by pictures of a cabbage tree and a tree fern. There is a picture of a ship at the mouth of a port (possibly the mouth of the Whanganui River) on the other half of the label. Extended Title - From Gear Meat Company Scrapbook of labels, page . Quantity: 3 colour art print(s) on labels.. Physical Description: Chromolithographs, on labels, 94 x 340 mm; 105 x 325 mm; and, 109 x 344 mm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Scanned from original.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 3 colour art print(s) on labels., Ephemera, Chromolithographs, Advertisements, Packaging, Chromolithographs, on labels, 94 x 340 mm; 105 x 325 mm; and, 109 x 344 mm., Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: