Brees, Samuel Charles, 1810-1865 :Paramata Pa, Porerua. [Between 1843 and 1845] / Drawn by S C Brees. [Engraved by Henry Melville. London, 1847]. [No] 52, [Plate 17].
- 1843 - 1847 - 1845
- Brees, Samuel Charles, 1810?-1865; Melville, Henry, 1792-1870
- Shows a group of Maori launching or beaching two canoes in the Paremata inlet. The palisades of the pa are seen to the left, with more beached canoes, and a row of wooden poles stretching into the water in the middle distance. ATL holds the book in which this print was published at Art Rm: f 919.31 BRE. Print trimmed close to the top of the image Other Titles - Paremata Pa, Porirua Extended Title - From S C Brees' "Pictorial illustrations of New Zealand. London, J Williams, 1847. Quantity: 1 colour art print(s). Physical Description: Hand-coloured engraving, 79 x 139 mm
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Slide is taken from a file print and is black and white
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s), Works of art, Engravings, Hand-coloured engraving, 79 x 139 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: