Scott, Tom, 1947- :74 cartoon bromides published in the Evening Post between 1 May 2000 and 31 August, 2000.
- Scott, Thomas Joseph, 1947-
- 74 cartoons on political and social issues. The topics include National Party style ('radical conservatism'), political aspects of the ban on native forest logging on the West Coast, bribery and corruption in international cricket, softening of the macho image of Super 12 Players, the fatal shooting Steven Wallace by police in Waitara, email viruses, underage drinking, tax on cigarettes, greenhouse gas emission control, the entrenched position of Christine Rankin, Head of WINZ, television presenter Paul Holmes, the sale of the cell phone spectrum to Maori, Americas' Cup yachtsmen, the rebel coup in Fiji, prisoners' rights, All Black rugby, Maori activisim and cultural sensitivites, the falling New Zealand dollar, falling business confidence, the Employments Contracts Act, the legal staus of cannabis, the Coalition between the Labour Party and Alliance, the flight of underpaid and overworked young doctors from New Zealand, unseasonable weather, the meeting between the Presidents of North and South Korea, the Budget, the Government's 'Closing the Gaps' policy, underfunding of the army, muck-raking by ACT politician Richard Prebble, drugs in sport, the takeover by Qantas of Ansett New Zealand, political scandal and the sacking of Dover Samuels as Minister of Maori Affairs, child abuse, dangerous driving by truck drivers, the conflict over Israel, the dangers of excusing away mental illness, Helen Clark's leadership style, alcohol and sportsmen, railway accidents, republicism and Tandor Nancos of the Green Party, the Bledisloe Cup, cannabis use, forest fires in the United States, extended sittings in Parliament, the Employment Relations Bill, speed limits, the loss of Kursk, the Russian submarine, defence expenditure, controversy over Maori domestic violence, rising petrol prices. Quantity: 74 cartoon bromide(s). Physical Description: A4 horizontal bromides
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- 74 cartoon bromide(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), A4 horizontal bromides
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Date: 2000 From: Scott, Tom, 1947- :74 cartoon bromides published in the Evening Post between 1 May 2000 and 31 August, 2000. Description: Helen Clark at the podium, reacts to reporters' comments that she is a control freak Quantity: 1 laser copy.. Physical Description: Laser copy, image size...
Date: 2000 Description: Cows alarmed by men arriving in a truck carrying large corks. Exhibition caption reads - Greenhouse emissions were calculated, analysed and the blame apport...
Date: 2000 Description: Act member of parliament Richard Prebble shovelling muck. Exhibition caption reads - Fronted by Richard Prebble, the Act Party consolidated its reputation [...
Date: 2000 Description: Shows the mother of George Speight pandering to his every whim as a toddler. Speight fronted the rebel group in Fiji which ousted the elected government and...
Date: 2000 Description: Leader of the Opposition, Jenny Shipley, exhorting the National Party conference. Exhibition caption reads - The National Party and Jenny Shipley struggled ...
Date: 2000 Description: A young female doctor is examining the condition of her wallet. Refers to the cost of a medical education Extended Title - Straight out of med school, young...
Date: 2000 Description: Caricatures of the New Zealand Prime Minister Helen Clark and former Prime Minister Robert Muldoon, with a list of contrasting traits. Extended Title - Muld...