- n d
- Best, Elsdon, 1856-1931Tawhai, Hone Mohi, 1827?-1894; Davies, George Henry, 1844-1914; Ruia, Hapakuku, active 19th century; Kumeroa, Aporo, active 1890s; Makitanara, Tuiti, 1874-1932
- Contains - whakapapa, whakatauki, language notes, legends and stories from many tribes including an account of the Ngati Ira occupation of Wairarapa. Includes lists of hapu from Taranaki, Ngati Ruanui, Te Ati Awa, Ngati Kahungunu, Ngati Raukawa, Ngati Awa and Tuhoe; much of the information has been copied from the contributions of Maori scholars affiliated with the Polynesian Society. Includes index Also contains Rangitane whakapapa contributed by Tuiti McDonald (see also MS-Papers-1187-100) Source of title - Spine title Quantity: 1 volume(s) (190 pages). Physical Description: Holograph (23 cm; ¼ red morocco, red cloth)
- Additional description
- Fragile Alternative form available: microfilm (MS-Copy-Micro-0650-08).
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Best, Elsdon, 1856-1931 : Papers / Series 3 - Notebooks
- 1 volume(s) (190 pages), Manuscripts, Holograph (23 cm; ¼ red morocco, red cloth)
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: