Hawcridge, Robert H, 1866-1920 :Visit of their Royal Highnesses the Duke & Duchess of Cornwall & York to New Zealand. His Majesty's Ministers for New Zealand request the pleasure of the company of ... at the review and presentation of medals to the Officers and men of the South African Contingents, at Auckland on 12th June 1901. R Hawcridge; J Wilkie & Co Lith, Dunedin, N.Z.
- J. Wilkie & Company; Hawcridge, Robert, 1866-1920; Baillie, William Douglas Hall, 1827-1922
- Invitation shows head and shoulders portrait of the Duke and Duchess at the top centre. A European soldier stands on the left, and a Maori in traditional costume on the right. Below the central text panel are the New Zealand and British flags, and four vignettes: Lake Taupo and Ruapehu, Whakarewarewa, Milford Sound and Mt Cook. An independent source gives the artist as Robert H Hawcridge (1867-1920). The signature appears faintly below the image of Whakarewarewa. Other Titles - His Majesty's Ministers for New Zealand request the honor of the presence of [The Hon W D H Baillie & Mrs Baillie] to witness the ceremony...by Their Royal Highnesses. Extended Title - J Wilkie & Co, lith[ograpers], Dunedin, N.Z. Quantity: 1 colour art print(s). Physical Description: Lithograph, 330 x 250 mm (irreg)
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: File print available in Ephemera Room, under WAR SA 1901.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s), Ephemera, Lithographs, Illuminations, Invitations, Lithograph, 330 x 250 mm (irreg), Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: