Various Artists :[David Lange. A collection of four cartoon photocopies featuring David Lange and the nuclear issue].
- Hodgson, Trace, 1958-; Brockie, Robert Ellison (Dr), 1932-; Winter, Mark, 1958-; Minhinnick, Gordon Edward George (Sir), 1902-1992
Four cartoons all featuring David Lange. The first, by Trace Hodgson shows Lange talking to Ronald Reagan and Bob Hawke, Reagan and Hawke are dressed as gangsters and Reagan says, `We want to be your friends, David, we want to look after you. So play the game or we'll smash your kneecaps in! Right, Bob?' Hawke replies `Right boss'; Bob Brockie, shows Bob Hawke being sprayed in the face with a cannister with a peace sign on it as he passes through New Zealand customs. Hawke says, `Starve the lizards Lange, this stuff gets up my nose!', to which Lange replies, `Helps clear the mind'; Chicane, shows Lange in a pair of swimming togs riding a surfboard in a nuclear free Pacific. Lange says, `If you want to rule the waves... you have to be prepared to waive the rules'. Gordon Minhinnick, shows Lange in the Pacific, looking like the famous statue by Michaelangelo, with America and France coming to get him. The caption reads, "`David,' by Michael Langelo". All cartoons refer to the Nuclear issue.
Inscriptions: Recto - bottom right - Signed by David Lange in 1995.
Quantity: 1 laser copy.
Physical Description: Laser copy, A4 size
- Additional description
Alternative form available: Photocopy in public folders.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Various Artists :Four laser copies of original cartoons donated for the New Zealand Cartoon Archive auction, 6 November 1997. / Various Artists :Four laser copies of original cartoons donated for the New Zealand Cartoon Archive auction, 6 November 1997.
- 1 laser copy, Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Caricatures, Laser copy, A4 size, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it:Hodgson, Trace, 1958-. Various Artists :[David Lange. A collection of four cartoon photocopies featuring David Lange and the nuclear issue].. Various Artists :Four laser copies of original cartoons donated for the New Zealand Cartoon Archive auction, 6 November 1997.. Ref: H-475-002. Alexander Turnbull Library, Wellington, New Zealand. /records/23065148