Sound ranging equipment being used by a New Zealand soldier to locate enemy guns, Florence area, Italy - Photograph taken by George Kaye
- [ca 1 Aug 1944]
- Kaye, George Frederick, 1914-2004
- Sound ranging equipment being used by New Zealand soldier (Lt N Hauseu ?) from the sound ranging troop of 36 Survey Battery, to locate enemy guns. Shows one of the microphones being placed in position during the battle for Florence. Photograph taken circa 1 August 1944, by George Kaye. Source of descriptive information - Notes on file print. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s). Physical Description: Film negative
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand. Department of Internal Affairs. War History Branch :Photographs relating to World War 1914-1918, World War 1939-1945, occupation of Japan, Korean War, and Malayan Emergency / World War 1939-1945 official negatives - DA Series
- 1 b&w original negative(s), Negatives, Film negative
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: