World War 2 New Zealand soldiers of 26 Battalion coming out from the front line, Lignano area, Italy
- 16 Jul 1944
- Kaye, George Frederick, 1914-2004
- Original caption on file print reads: "Men of the 26 NZ Bn [in Italy during World War 2] coming out from the front line after taking part in the four day assault which cleared the enemy off Mt Lignano and opened the way to Arezzo." Men unidentified. Photograph taken by George Kaye, 16 July 1944. Other notes on file print read: "25 NZ Bn captured Lignano - Watson" Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s). Physical Description: Film negative, 35mm
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand. Department of Internal Affairs. War History Branch :Photographs relating to World War 1914-1918, World War 1939-1945, occupation of Japan, Korean War, and Malayan Emergency / World War 1939-1945 official negatives - DA Series
- 1 b&w original negative(s), Negatives, Group portraits, Film negative, 35mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: