Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989:'I was wondering if you're free on the 28th, Dr. Kissinger?' Evening Post. 1974
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
- This cartoon features Labour Minister Hugh Watt under siege in the freezing works dispute. The employers are threatening closedowns and firing at the freezing workers who are firing back with stoppages. In the middle Watt has a ceasefire agreement and is calling up US Foreign Minister Henry Kissinger for support Other Titles - Freezing Workers. Stoppage. Stoppage. Stoppage. Employers. Closedown. Cease-Fire Agreement. Freezing Co... Extended Title - Mr. Watt has called a meeting for Thursday of parties involved in disputes at freezing works in the Wellington area. Inscriptions: Pencil dated lower right hand corner 27/3 Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s). Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon, 318 x 387 mm
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and crayon, 318 x 387 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: