- Cussen, Laurence Carroll, 1844-1903; Grace, Dorothy Merle (Lady), 1922-2000
- Cadastral map depicting family the Grace family properties in the vicinity of Lake Taupo including Waihaha, Okahukura, Pukawa, Tauhara, Taharua North and South blocks; Walker's Run; Whakapapa River; Pahikohuru, Te Whakao, Te Patehe, Shepherds' huts and Hinemaiaia River. Shows John Grace's sheep runs coloured in pink, and totalling 237,000 acres. Also depicts Waihi Maori settlement, Tokanui Maori settlement, an unnamed 'Native settlement', a government land pur[chase], and Sir John George's present cottage. Surveyor's name not on map. Researcher, Rawhinia Konui, believes that Cussens is the surveyor. Family ancestors requested the survey to be done. Quantity: 2 manuscript map(s) on one sheet. Physical Description: Ink and watercolour on dressed linen, 45.5 x 58 cm. Transfers: From Manuscripts & Archives - Grace, John Te Herekiekie (Sir), 1905-1985. MS-Group-0218.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Two colour transparencies
- No photocopying allowed
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 2 manuscript map(s) on one sheet, Cadastral maps, Manuscript maps, Ink and watercolour on dressed linen, 45.5 x 58 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: