Demonstrators against the Springbok rugby tour turn away from police in Cuba Street, Palmerston North - Photograph taken by Don Scott
- 8 August 1981
- Original Evening Post caption reads: "Protestors turn away from police after a tense eyeball-to-eyeball confrontation in Cuba Street, Palmerston North, on Saturday. The march of about 2000 demonstrators had continued past its scheduled turn-off point into David Street, to come face to face with a line-up of about 20 police in full riot gear who were blocking further progress down Cuba Street towards the Palmerston North Showgrounds..." Many of the protesters are wearing motorcycle helmets and the police are holding batons. Photographed by Evening Post staff photographer Don Scott on 8th August 1981. Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s) individual image on a 35mm negative strip.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: File print available in Turnbull Library Pictures Evening Post illustrations file at EP-Ethics-Demonstrations-Springbok 1981 (7/3)
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Dominion post (Newspaper): Photographic negatives and prints of the Evening Post and Dominion newspapers / Demonstrators against the Springbok rugby tour turn away from police in Cuba Street, Palmerston North - Photographs taken by Don Scott
- 1 b&w original negative(s) individual image on a 35mm negative strip, Negatives
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: