Cussen, William, 1849?-1901 :Tracing of country round Tokaanu [ms map]. Compiled from surveys by W. Cussen, Auth. survr.
- Cussen, William, 1849?-1901
- Topographic map of the area from Ruapehu to the junction of the Wanganui and Whakapapa rivers to Lake Taupo and the Tauranga - Taupo Road, then following the Waikato River to the Moawhango River. Includes Moawhango (Erewhon) and Karioi and part of the North trunk railway line. All rivers and streams are named. Includes Lake Taupo, Lake Rotoaira and the Rangipo Desert with sites of two camps, one having a water supply. Named settlements are referred to a reference key. Includes the mountain range of Ruapehu, Ngaruhoe and Tongariro and a second range which includes Pihanga, Kakaramea and Kaharua, all with heights in feet. Roads and tracks are marked, some with distances from Tokaanu, referred to in a reference key. Hot baths and Blake's Hotel are marked at Tokaanu. A note states that Te Heuheu is buried at Waihi, and at a point further north L.M. Grace's house is marked. Two sites of campsites are marked, one with water, near the ran The inscription of 'G.B. Thomas Sr. 16-8-88' is written on the bottom left corner. 29.10.79 is written on the bottom right corner. Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s). Physical Description: Ink and watercolour on dressed linen, coloured, 50.8 x 43.5 cm.
- Photocopying not permitted.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 manuscript map(s), Manuscript maps, Topographic maps, Ink and watercolour on dressed linen, coloured, 50.8 x 43.5 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: