Richmond, George 1809-1896 :George Augustus Selwyn, D. D., Lord Bishop of New Zealand. Engraved by Samuel Cousins; painted by George Richmond. [London?] Rev. Edward Coleridge, 1842
- 1841 - 1842
- Richmond, George, 1809-1896; Cousins, Samuel, 1801-1887; Coleridge, Edward (Rev), 1800-1883
- Three-quarters standing portrait of Selwyn, dressed in a frock-coat, a desk to his right and a book in his right hand. There is a balustrade and a wooded English landscape background behind him. Used as the frontispiece to two Selwyn biographies. The Rev. Tucker's biography includes this portrait with the signature: Yours very faithfully, G. A. New Zealand, Richmond, 8 Dec 1841. The other has no inscription. Based on an oil painted in 1841, held at Selwyn College, Cambridge. A copy of this oil was reproduced in New Zealand's Heritage, Part 15, p.412. Quantity: 1 b&w art print(s) framed. Physical Description: Engraving 545 x 380 mm
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: There is also a file print of a waterstained version
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 b&w art print(s) framed, Works of art, Engravings, Portraits, Engraving 545 x 380 mm, Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: