Theatre Royal [Auckland] :Rob Roy and Blue Beard for the last times. Thursday Dec[ember] 31st, 1857, will be again presented the musical drama of "Rob Roy" ... with the grand Eastern "Blue Beard". 1857.
- Richardson & Sansom (Firm); Hill, Walter John, active 1953
- Arrangement of text, with the crest of the Theatre Royal at the top.. Cast includes Mr Wood, Mr B N Jones, Mr F Varley (also the scenic artist), Mr W Hill (also acting manager), Mr Sims, Mr Walcot, Mr T S Bellair (also the stage manager), Mrs T S Bellair, Mrs W Hill, Miss Emma James, Miss Batwell. Musical director is Mr I Davis. Other Titles - Poster Inscriptions: Recto - bottom right - Richardson & Sansom, Printers; Recto - centre - "New scenery from the magic brush of Frank Varley, who has dipped his pencil in the sunbeams for this occasion only. The music composed and arranged by Mr Walcot, assisted by Mr I Davis, who has tried to out Bellini, La Sonambula, improve upon Rossini, and out Herod Bishop. The tout ensemble will be of such an unmentionable description that the stern moral of the dramatic action cannot fail to impress all beholders". Quantity: 1 colour art print(s) on poster.. Physical Description: Relief print, on poster 587 x 228 mm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: File print and colour transparency available in Ephemera Room.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s) on poster., Ephemera, Relief prints, Letterpress works, Posters, Theatre programmes, Advertisements, Relief print, on poster 587 x 228 mm., Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: