[Garwood, G., fl 1845] :A hand sketch of the upper part of River Wy-Roa from the mission station to Tokotoko mountain, the remainder is taken from Mr. Forsyth's sketch with the exception of the Otemata River [ms map]. G. Garwood, Barque Gipsy, [ca. 1845].
- Garwood, G (Captain), active 1845
- Map of topographical features, described rather than drawn, of the land surrounding the Wairoa river and Kaipara harbour, with soundings. Includes the Kipara [sic], Oropana, Matia, Wakani, Tapora, Oruwano Rivers and named creeks, all of which have notes about their navigability. Some mountains are named, notes refer to the types of land, types of trees are named. Includes extensive names and notes about Maori people, their settlements and conversion to christianity. Names of other land owners are recorded with some detail of historical events. Includes locations of Wesleyan Methodist stations. Some pencilled words are very faint, especially the name of the cartographer. Rev. Mr. Buller's property and journey referred to in some notes. Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s). Physical Description: Pencil on paper, 49.5 x 64.6 cm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Copy neg. at 1/2-C-009672
- No photocopying allowed
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 manuscript map(s), Manuscript maps, Topographic maps, Sketch maps, Pencil on paper, 49.5 x 64.6 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: