Ball, Murray Hone, 1939-2017:'You will notice kid, as you get older, that the world is divided into two kinds of people...' N.Z. Listener, 1981.
- Ball, Murray Hone, 1939-2017; Listener (Periodical)
- Shows a man and child crossing a deserted landscape discussing the problem of equitable food distribution through out the world. After the child suggests equal food distribution, the man becomes very angry and storms off without being able to provide any reason why equal food distribution was not possible. Exhibited in 'The Famouse Five: Manawatu's Cartoonists on Show', Exhibition curated by the New Zealand Cartoon Archive and exhibited at Te Manawa Art (Manawatu Art Gallery), Palmerston North, from 13 May to 23 June 2002, in association with Massey University and the Palmerston North City Council. Extended Title - 'You will notice kid, as you get older, that the world is divided into two kinds of people...There are the rich, fat people with too much food trying to get thin...and the poor, thin people with too little food trying to starve off hunger and malnutrition' 'The answer seems to be simple - take all the food and divide it equally among all the people so ALL will have sufficient.' 'YOU THINK IT'S THAT SIMPLE HUH?! WELL IT'S NOT SIMPLE, IT'S A VERY DIFFICULT PROBLEM!!' 'Why?' 'WHY!?!'...BECAUSE, that's why!' Quantity: 1 photocopy/ies. Physical Description: A4 photocopy
- Copyright must be obtained before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 photocopy/ies, Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), A4 photocopy, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: