- 1920 - 1935
- Moran, Joseph Bruno, 1874-1952
- Shows small female figure holding up tray with large glass of lemonade. At top a bunch of five lemons on the branch of a tree hang down. The bottom half contains elements of Art deco design. Exhibited in 'To market, to market' Exhibition of advertising and commercial ephemera from the Printed Ephemera Collection, Alexander Turnbull Library. First Floor foyer, National Library of New Zealand, 5 August - 16 September 1997. Commissioned as one of a series of posters for display in greengrocers' shops, in about the 1920s or 1930s. (See neg. no. 37528 1/2 in Pictorial Reference Section - file print filed under 725. Shops. Greengrocers). May be one of the posters mentioned in the "Dominion Mark fruit book" of 1934, inside back cover (NZ&P Box 641.64 DOM 1934). Other Titles - Poster Quantity: 1 colour art print(s). Physical Description: Lithograph, coloured 760 x 505 mm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: File print and colour transparency in Ephemera Room.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s), Ephemera, Lithographs, Posters, Lithograph, coloured 760 x 505 mm., Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: