- Four photographs of New Zealand soldiers in France, during World War I, taken by Henry Armytage Sanders in 1917. Top left: Major General Sir Andrew Russell inspecting New Zealand troops in France. Top right: New Zealand horse show in France. Shows a horse and rider completing a jump. Lower left: Soldiers disinfecting blankets, France. Lower right: Participants in a New Zealand horse show in France. Other - Notes for these photographs at PA1-f-102 lists (Harlette ?) as the location of the horse show. Cataloguer was unable to find a listing for Harlette in Michelin atlas routier France. (Paris : Services de Tourisme, Michelin, 1987). Source of descriptive information - Notes on file print; Album PA1-f-91 which includes original prints of these images Relationship complexity - Original negatives for the individual images are at: top left at 1/4-009502 (also known as H267); top right at 1/4-009487 (also known as H247); bottom left at 1/1-002031 (also known as H248); bottom right at 1/4-009485 (also known as H245). Quantity: 1 b&w copy negative(s). Physical Description: Glass negative
- No known copyright restrictions. To the best of the Alexander Turnbull Library's knowledge, under New Zealand law: there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this item in New Zealand; and it may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction. However the Alexander Turnbull Library requests that the images are used and re-used in a manner that respects their status as documentary heritage and taonga. Alexander Turnbull Library will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association :New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918 / Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918: H Series negatives
- 1 b&w copy negative(s), Negatives, Glass negative
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: