- Smales, John Bumby, 1841-1869
Plan of Wesleyan Mission Station showing church, missionary house, cottage, store, kitchen building, large garden, lands, boathouse, the road to the church, stream, swamp, ditches, banks, fences, post and rail fence between station and the harbour.
Reference to fences is colour-coded indicating ditches, banks, sticks, and post and rail.
Established by Reverend Gideon Smales in 1844 and originally called Beechamdale. See: 'Some notes on the Wesleyan mission at Aotea' by C.G. Hunt, 
Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s).
Physical Description: Ink and watercolour on paper, scale [ca.1:2 000], 39 x 30 cm on sheet 57 x 45 cm.
Transfers: From Manuscripts & Archives - MS Papers 1018.
- Photocopying not permitted
- Access restrictions
- No access restrictions
- 1 manuscript map(s), Maps, Ink and watercolour on paper, scale [ca.1:2 000], 39 x 30 cm on sheet 57 x 45 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.