- Southland times (Newspaper)
- Shows Prime Minister Robert Muldoon playing cards, and laying down the Queen card labelled Marilyn Waring. This refers to the snap election called by Muldoon in 1984. National Party MP Marilyn Waring had triggered the election by crossing the floor (ie voting against the government, her own party) in a parliamentary vote. Published in 'Grant, Ian F. Public Lives - New Zealand's Premiers and Prime Ministers 1856-2003 (Book title)' 2003. Exhibited in 'A bit of cheek; the many faces of Muldoon (Exhibition)'. The National Party lost the snap election in 1984. Inscriptions: Recto - bottom right - Chicane Quantity: 1 photocopy/ies. Physical Description: Photocopy on sheet, 298 x 211 mm.
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able to help with an address
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 photocopy/ies, Works of art, Photocopies, Portraits, Cartoons (Commentary), Caricatures, Photocopy on sheet, 298 x 211 mm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: