Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :Agreement has been reached to settle the butchers' strike. Evening Post. 20 November 1980.
- Evening Post (Wellington, N.Z.); Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
Refers to the strike by butchers in November 1980 against Saturday trading. The cartoon has three scenes. In the top a man is looking at his bird in it's cage and saying "saved by the gong", as his newspaper outlines the end of the butchers' strike. In the lower left a woman is demanding more housekeeping money from her husband now that she is able to buy meat again. In the lower right a couple are eating tough meat. The woman explains that now meat supplies are back to normal she can't obtain smuggled export quality meat.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Ink, letratone and crayon, 450 x 320 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1979]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Ink, letratone and crayon, 450 x 320 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.