Sole Bros Circus :Sole Bros Australian Circus and Zoo. Everything new! As a tonic for a jaded mind, a reviver of good spirits and a general dispeller of dull care! Wright & Jaques Printers, Albert Street Auckland, .
- Cabot, Charles Henry, 1890-1978; Cabot, Beatrice Eliza, 1894-1981
- Advertises six funny clowns and dummies. High-jumping dogs and ponies! Full menagerie of wild beasts! Illustrations of: Kitchie and Klifte, the knockabout tumblers; "Whisky" the high-jumping dog; Robert West and his dainty lady partner, direct from the East; Miss Barbarina Baker, The Sole Sisters (Edna and Ethel), Sole Brothers (Jack and Andrew champion jockey riders of the world). W Sole senior and W Sole jnr were the managers. Mark St Leon writes (10 November 2007): "Robert West was an Australian aboriginal performer who conducted his own circus during the 1920s and 30s. Ethel, Jack and Andrew were Sole family siblings, children of W ('Bill') Sole Snr and his wife Eliza nee Perry. Barbarina (real name Barbara) Baker was one of the Baker family which ran their circus through New Zealand in the early 1920s. Edna was Edna Fairbrother, an adopted daughter of the Sole family. Kitchie was a Japanese/Aboriginal tumbler, known also as Cooma Kitchie". Quantity: 1 colour photo-mechanical print(s) on poster.. Physical Description: Offset and photolithograph, on poster 1015 x 383 mm.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: File print and colour transparency available.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour photo-mechanical print(s) on poster., Ephemera, Relief prints, Posters, Advertisements, Offset and photolithograph, on poster 1015 x 383 mm., Orientation: Vertical image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: