Piranesi, Giovanni Battista, 1720-1778 :Tempio di Bacco. Oggi S. Constanza fuori delle Mura ... Piranesi Architetto fec. 
- Piranesi, Giovanni Battista, 1720-1778
- An interior view looking towards the Sanctuary of the Roman church of Saint Constanza, through the columns of a rotunda. Notes below indicate that the columns are of granite, that some of the mosaics, windows, candelabra and urns are ancient and that some pictures on the walls are modern. Title indicates that this is a first state. The title on later states was corrected to 'Veduta interna del sepolcro di S. Constanza, fabbricato da Constantino Magno, ed erroneamento detta il Tempio di Bacco, inoggi Chiesa della medesima Santa' [Internal view of the burial place of Saint Constanza, built by Constantine the Great, and erroneously known as the Temple of Bacchus, today the Church of the said Saint]. Other Titles - Temple of Bacchus. Today Saint Constanza Beyond the Walls. [translation] Extended Title - From Le vedute di Roma, 1745-1778 Quantity: 1 b&w art print(s). Physical Description: Etching, 413 x 552 mm (plate-mark) on sheet 469 x 711 mm
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Piranesi, Giovanni Battista, 1720-1778 :[Etchings from La prima parte di architteture e prospettive (1743), I grotteschi (ca 1747), Le vedute di Roma (1745-1778), I carceri (1760-1761)] / Giovanni Battista Piranesi inven. et incis. [Rome : G B Piranesi, mid-1760s to early 1770s]
- 1 b&w art print(s), Works of art, Etchings, Etching, 413 x 552 mm (plate-mark) on sheet 469 x 711 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: