McCahon, Colin John 1919-1987 :James K. Baxter festival 1973. The band rotunda, The temptations of Oedipus, The sore-footed man, The devil and Mr Mulcahy. University Memorial Theatre, May 25 to 2 June. Wellington ;[Kosmik Krumbia], 1973.
- Kosmik Krumbia; McCahon, Colin John, 1919-1987
Poster advertising a festival of plays by James K Baxter shows handwritten text in black and red and a white background. There is a Maltese cross at top left, and sketches of stage plans at the lower edge.
Two copies held.
Displayed in "An ornament to the town; the band rotunda in New Zealand". Turnbull Gallery, 13 March - 2 June 2017
Inscriptions: Recto - bottom right - This poster is based on a drawing for 'Oedipus': is a scale drawing of the university theatre stage where I'm working. It's drawn over one of the many drawings I made - & reconsidered as I drew, + got to know Jim's plays.
Quantity: 1 colour art print(s).
Physical Description: Screenprint, black and red, 400 x 570 mm.
- Additional description
Alternative form available: Scanned from original
- Copyright: Please check copyright.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Digital content available only in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room
- Part of
- [Posters advertising and promoting plays and drama events in New Zealand. 1970-1979]
- 1 colour art print(s), Ephemera, Screen prints, Posters, Screenprint, black and red, 400 x 570 mm., Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.