Blomfield, Charles 1848-1926. :Mount Tarawera in eruption, June 10, 1886. (From the native village of Waitangi, Lake Tarawera, N.Z.) W. Potts, lith. C Blomfield, del. Wanganui, A D Willis [ca 188-?]
- Blomfield, Charles, 1848-1926; Archibald Dudingston Willis (Firm)
- The dramatic volcanic eruption of June 10, 1886, a night scene with the mountain in the background, Lake Tarawera in the middle ground and several Maori dwellings and fleeing figures in the foreground. Blomfield was not present at the eruption of the volcano, so the image is imaginary, or taken from the description of eye-witnesses Detached from its original published form, as a fold-out plate at the back of E Wakefield's New Zealand illustrated. (1889) Extended Title - From: New Zealand Illustrated by Edward Wakefield. (Wanganui, A. D. Willis, 1889). Final folded plate. Quantity: 1 colour art print(s). Physical Description: Chromolithograph 384 x 533 mm
- Additional description
- In poor condition, with fold-marks and water-stains.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 colour art print(s), Works of art, Lithographs, Chromolithograph 384 x 533 mm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: