- 10 November 1918
- Street scene during the arrival of the French President Raymond Poincare at Le Quesnoy, France. Shows a cobbled road with cars arriving, crowds, and flags. Photograph taken 10 November 1918 by Henry Armytage Sanders. At the time the President was accompanied by the Prefect of the Department of the North and the local member of Parliament. One official purpose of the visit was for France to symbolically take possession of the town liberated by foreign troops. Source of descriptive information - Franck Bruyere from Potelle, Le Quesnoy, identified the date as being 10 November 1918. That the President was accompanied by the Prefect du Nord, and local member of Parliament, and the symbolic purpose of the visit, also from this source. May 2008. Inscriptions: Photographer's title on negative - bottom right - H1311 Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s). Physical Description: Dry plate glass negative 4 x 5 inches
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Print from this negative at PA1-f-092 - Caption at PA1-f-092 reads "Pres Poincare's arrival, showing NZ Presentation Flag (Le Quesnoy)
- No known copyright restrictions. To the best of the Alexander Turnbull Library's knowledge, under New Zealand law: there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this item in New Zealand; and it may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction. However the Alexander Turnbull Library requests that the images are used and re-used in a manner that respects their status as documentary heritage and taonga. Alexander Turnbull Library will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association :New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918 / Royal New Zealand Returned and Services' Association New Zealand official negatives, World War 1914-1918: H Series negatives
- 1 b&w original negative(s), Negatives, Dry plate glass negative 4 x 5 inches, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Downloading this item
This item is available as a high resolution download. No further permissions are required for use of this image, however full citations and acknowledgements should be included wherever the images are used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It can be modified, remixed and built upon. It can be used commercially.
If reproducing this item, it is helpful to include the following credit: