- Davis, William Henry Whitmore, 1812-1901
Photograph of Wellington showing Parliament Buildings, St Mary's Catholic Church and Government House, taken from the Bolton Street Cemetery in early 1870s by William Henry Whitmore Davis. The new chambers of the Legislative Council and the House of Representatives are under construction. St Mary's Cathedral spire is still in place (this was removed in 1885). In the immediate foreground are graves, one surrounded by a white picket fence.
Duplicate of PA7-12-20 and PA7-12-22
Quantity: 1 b&w copy photographic print(s).
Physical Description: Silver gelatin print 16.6 x 21.6 cm
- No known copyright restrictions. To the best of the Alexander Turnbull Library's knowledge, under New Zealand law: there is no copyright or other intellectual property rights in this item in New Zealand; and it may be copied and otherwise re-used in New Zealand without copyright or other intellectual property right related restriction. However the Alexander Turnbull Library requests that the images are used and re-used in a manner that respects their status as documentary heritage and taonga. Alexander Turnbull Library will not be liable to you, on any legal basis (including negligence), for any loss or damage you suffer through your use of this material, except in those cases where the law does not allow us to exclude or limit our liability to you.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- Davis, William Henry Whitmore, 1812-1901 :Photographs of Wellington and district / Prints of Wellington and district
- 1 b&w copy photographic print(s), Photographs, Silver gelatin print 16.6 x 21.6 cm, Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: