- [circa 2 February 1938]
- Powell, Arthur Walter, 1893-1970
- The barque Pamir entering Auckland Harbour, circa 2 February 1938. North Head is in the background. Photograph taken by A W Powell. Published in the New Zealand Free Lance, 2 February, 1938, page 5 to accompany the article `Tales of a tall ship; Sidelights on the Finnish barque Pamir's visit to Auckland'. The caption underneath the photograph reads `The old era passes. The Finnish four-masted barque, Pamir, one of the last of the sailing ships arrives at Auckland' Quantity: 1 colour original photographic print(s).
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand Free Lance : Photographic prints and negatives / New Zealand Free Lance original photographic prints, from the file print collection, Box 1
- 1 colour original photographic print(s), Photographs, Marines (Visual works), Orientation: Horizontal image
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: