- [ca 1945-1990]
- Anglican Parish of WainuiomataSt. John's Church (Wainuiomata, N.Z.); Church of the Province of New Zealand
General records of the parish, and the congregations at Holy Trinity, St Peters and St Johns with most of the records coming from St Johns. Also includes Mothers' Union material, the McKie Collection of records, and various church publications.
Source of title - Supplied title
Arrangement: Organized into series according to provenance
The first Anglican Church service was held in Wainuiomata in 1945, and by 1946 the site for St John's Church was purchased with a Church hall being built in 1951. Wainuiomata separated from Waiwhetu Parish and became a parochial district in its own right in 1959. In 1961, Holy Trinity church hall was opened, and in 1965 a further congregation at Glendale, whose hall was given the name of St Peter, combined with members of the local Union Parish congregation to share buildings and facilities, together with a combined sunday school, under the Glendale Scheme of Co-operation.
Quantity: 6 volume(s). 66 folder(s). 1.70 Linear Metres.
Physical Description: Mss, typescripts, printed matter
- Access restrictions
- No access restrictions
- 6 volume(s), 66 folder(s), 1.70 Linear Metres, Accounts, Minutes (Records), Pastoral letters and charges, Clippings, Pamphlets, Administrative reports, Newsletters, Manuscripts, Mss, typescripts, printed matter
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.