Minhinnick, Gordon Edward George (Sir), 1902-1992 :It must be a bug. 'Yair - we had it too, boss - there's been a lot of it going about!' Socialism. New Zealand Herald, 23 February 1950.
- Minhinnick, Gordon Edward George (Sir), 1902-1992; New Zealand herald (Newspaper)
- Shows a cheerful looking pair of boys, trying to reassure Clement Attlee, the despairing English Prime Minister, who is seated at a desk on the left, having trouble dealing with Socialism. The governments of New Zealand and Australia were opposed politicially for only three or four years out of four decades from the early 1940s onwards. Labour was in power in New Zealand from 1945-1949 and in Australian from 1941 to 1949. Clement Attlee's Labour Party won office in Britain at the end of the Second World War, remaining in government until 1951. Exhibited in 'The Other Side of the Ditch' exhibition of cartoons on the New Zealand-Australian relationship curated by Ian F. Grant of the New Zealand Cartoon Archive and exhibited in the National Library Gallery from 28 November 2001 to 24 February 2002 to mark the centenary of Australian Federation. Also exhibited at X Space Gallery, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland in mid-March 2002 and at Old Parliament House, Canberra, Australia from 26 March 2003 to 29 June 2003. Extended Title - Issues influencing British voters are housing, living costs, value of money, freedom from unnecessary controls, taxation cuts, maintenance of social services and full employment - News. Quantity: 1 photocopy/ies A4 size photocopy.. Physical Description: A4 size photocopy.
- Copyright must be cleared before this image is reproduced. The Library may be able with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 photocopy/ies A4 size photocopy., Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), A4 size photocopy.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: