- 4th May 1946
- Ramsden, George Eric Oakes, 1898-1962
Album showing the dedication ceremony for the Taranaki Mobile X-Ray Unit on Saturday 4th May, 1946, at Manukorihi Pā. This was the first unit of its kind in New Zealand, built in Taranaki for Maori and European peoples of the province
Inside the front cover is a loose photgraph of a diagram of the "Duplex Photo-Roentgen Unit", showing an ideal installation layout for a bus; as is used in this particular unit.
The official programme for the dedication ceremony is attached to page one; with various activities outlined; a list of speeches by local dignitaries, ministers of the crown including H G Mason (Minister of Native Affairs) and the Honorable A. Nordmeyer (Minister of Health); and the official unveiling and opening by Lady Miria Pomare.
Scenes show the bus arriving, the Maori welcome of powhiri, karanga and karakia; a large crowd outside Te Ikaroa a Maui (the meeting house), with the statue in memory of Sir Maui Pomare in the background; and various scenes of dignitaries involved with the ceremonies.
Quantity: 1 album(s) Album(s).
Physical Description: Album with black leatherette cover, loose-bound, entitled `Photographs'; 29.5 x 36.5 cm
- Access restrictions
- No access restrictions
- 1 album(s) Album(s), Photographs, Album with black leatherette cover, loose-bound, entitled `Photographs'; 29.5 x 36.5 cm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.