Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :The Minister of Industries and Commerce was asked in Parliament to hold an inquiry into the quality of women's stockings - "Mr Marshall? I don't know if you've started that inquiry yet, but it's happening again - my wife's gone in both legs this time!" 3 July 1963
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
- A husband is on the phone in the hallway of his home to the Prime Minister while his wife is shown through the doorway in the bedroom grimacing at the dressing table mirror. Her stockings have laddered as she put them on. Lodge is pointing to the triviality of the subject of the proposed inquiry. Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s). Physical Description: Black ink, letratone and pencil 250 x 280 mm Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1963]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Black ink, letratone and pencil 250 x 280 mm
See original record
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.