- 9 Oct 1990
- Hall, Neville John Rotherham, 1962-; Palmer, Juliet, 1967-; Psathas, John, 1966-; Wells, Alan, 1948-; Young, Kenneth William, 1955-; Norman, Philip Thomas, 1953-Young, John, 1962-
This edition is presented by John Young, who focuses on the various mediums available to composers. Neville Hall talks about his large-scale piece which is based around cadenzas and an exploration of sound. Juliet Palmer talks about the use of visuals and theatre in composing. John Psathas talks about his prize winning electroacoustic piece and his discovery of sounds in this area. Alan Wells describes microtonal music and concrete poetry - he has designed his own instrument using 87 equal tones to the octave and demonstrates this instrument. Kenneth Young talks about his work and the identity of a NZ composer not being perhaps a conscious thing when writing. Finally, Philip Norman talks about his piece which was commissioned by Concert FM for the 1990 World Youth Festival. Includes musical excerpts.
Other Titles - For two [excerpt] / by Neville Hall ; (2'20\")
Other Titles - Self [excerpt] / by Juliet Palmer ; (3'10\")
Other Titles - Suhm [excerpt] / by John Psathas ; (2'35)
Other Titles - Season words [excerpt] / by Alan Wells ; (2'08\")
Other Titles - Sextet [excerpt] / by Kenneth Young ; (2')
Other Titles - Ballad of settler McGee [excerpt] / by Philip Norman ; (2'10\")
Quantity: 1 DAT tape(s). 50.50 Minutes and seconds Duration.
Finding Aids: NZ Public Radio listing.
Provenance: Concert FM
- For any public use, copying, or reproduction of these recordings please contact SOUNZ. Copyright: Please contact SOUNZ
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- New Zealand Public Radio : Concert FM New Zealand Composer Sound Archive / [New music surveys August, October 1990]
- 1 DAT tape(s), 50.50 Minutes and seconds Duration, Sound recordings
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.