- Minhinnick, Gordon Edward George (Sir), 1902-1992; New Zealand herald (Newspaper)
- Shows Finance Minister, Arnold Nordmeyer, working as an assistant at a petrol pump. A farm truck laden with urgent exports has pulled up and he asks the farmer if he should 'Fill her up'. The pump which has printed on it the words 'Nordiegas with inflation additive 4/2 gallon. The Prime Minister, Walter Nash, leans against the petrol pump sucking acid drops as the pump chimes 'sting! sting! sting!. Refers to Arnold Nordmeyer's black budget and economic programme. Quantity: 1 b&w photo-mechanical print(s). Physical Description: Newspaper clipping glued to paper, 120 x 185 mm Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright clearance for the use of this image must be obtained from the `New Zealand Herald'. The Library may be able to help with the address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- Part of
- [Various cartoonists including Sir Gordon Minhinnick 1902-1992] :[Newspaper clippings of cartoons from New Zealand newspapers. 15 December 1948 to 5 September 1972.] / [Various cartoonists] :[One folder of cartoon clippings from various New Zealand newspapers, 10 April - 31 July 1958.]
- 1 b&w photo-mechanical print(s), Works of art, Cartoons (Commentary), Newspaper clipping glued to paper, 120 x 185 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: