[Creator unknown] :[Sketch of central Hawkes Bay, showing roads and land ownerships] [ms map]. [186-?]
- 1860 - 1870
- Manuscript map covering the Ruahine and Kaweka ranges to the Mohaka River, eastward to the coast at Napier and southwards to Cape Kidnappers, Te Aute and the Ruataniwha plains. Depicts settler properties and land ownership, roads, rivers, settlements, Maori placenames, tracks and a pa sites named Pa Whakairo and 'Hapuku's Pa'. Some settler names include Rev Williams in Te Aute, James Williams, Tippen, Herrick, Carlyon, Mason, Smith, Oliver, McLean, Chambers, Rhodes, Lowry, Speedy, Whitmore and McNiels [McNeils] runs. Identifies an area of land between the Rivers Ngaruroro and Tutaekuri as Maori land. Map originally folded into eight. Title added to linen mount of map in pencil with square brackets. Quantity: 1 manuscript map(s). Physical Description: Ink and pencil on paper, linen backed, 25 x 20 cm. Transfers: From Manuscripts & Archives - McLean, Donald (Sir), 1820-1877 Papers - MS-Papers-0032.
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Colour transparencies (4"x5")
- Photocopying not permitted.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 manuscript map(s), Manuscript maps, Sketch maps, Ink and pencil on paper, linen backed, 25 x 20 cm.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: