Was a local government area in the northernmost part of New Zealand's Auckland Region from 1989 to 2010. It was created from the amalgamation of Helensville Borough and Rodney County in 1989. The seat of the district council was at Orewa, and the district included Kawau Island. Auckland Council has governed the area since 1 November 2010. The Rodney Ward of the Auckland Region now covers much of the land area, but not the Hibiscus Coast or the former council seat of Orewa, which are in the Albany ward.
Rodney District and Rodney County each took their names from Cape Rodney (opposite Little Barrier Island), which Captain James Cook named on 24 November 1769 after Admiral Sir George Brydges Rodney.