- Strutt, William, 1825-1915
- Nine small studies of standing and seated Maori, mostly in groups. Include a seated portrait of a woman called Martha, wrapped in a blanket, and of a Maori man taking a pig on a rope to market in Taranaki. Three groups of seated Maori are labelled 'Onehunga nr Auckland'. One drawing is a study for Strutt's 'Maori girl with a dog' Quantity: 9 watercolour(s). Physical Description: Pencil and wash 40 x 50 mm to 90 x 125 mm
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Negative 1/2-053374 shows the whole page, negative 1/2-069425 shows the left side (three sketches of seated Maori); 1/2-069423 shows the centre section (girl with dog, man taking pig to market and Martha) and 1/2-069424 shows the right side (three sketches of seated Maori). The digital image is of the complete page
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 9 watercolour(s), Works of art, Watercolours, Pencil and wash 40 x 50 mm to 90 x 125 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: