Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989 :Comalco is optimistic over financial negotiations to establish the aluminium smelter at Bluff. 12 September 1967.
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney, 1918-1989
The first scene shows a man in gumboots being hit by side of meat, bale of wool and butter falling on him (falling prices) - The economy has taken some hard knocks lately - and can use something to revive it. The farmer (hole in gumboot, black eye, patched trousers, grazed arm) is being revived by a man in a suit with some smelling salts in a bottle labelled Al. Smelter Salts, while two people look on with worried expressions.
Quantity: 1 original cartoon(s).
Physical Description: Black ink, letratone and pencil, 260 x 354 mm
Finding Aids: Photocopies available in Pictorial Reference Service.
- Copyright must be cleared before this is reproduced for publication. The Library may be able to help with an address.
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Curator required
- Part of
- Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Archive of original cartoons for the Evening Post and Sports Post, 1941 to 1988] / Lodge, Nevile Sidney 1918-1989 :[Cartoons for the Evening Post, 1967]
- 1 original cartoon(s), Works of art, Ink drawings, Cartoons (Commentary), Black ink, letratone and pencil, 260 x 354 mm
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.