Taradale Vineyards Ltd

Begun as Taradale Vineyards in 1901 when former lay brother Bartholomew Steinmetz bought 2 hectares of grape-producing land from Henry Stokes Tiffen. He employed Tom McDonald 20 years later, who then in 1926 bought the vineyard after Steinmetz went back to Luxembourg. Now called Church Road Winery. (See Dictionary of New Zealand Biography, Volume 5).

There are 1 related items to this topic
Stands at a trade fair in 1930, advertising Taradale Vineyards, Hawkes Bay, and Women's Institutes & Home Handicrafts Ltd
Date: [1930] Description: View of stalls at a trade fair, probably held in Auckland. The stands advertise Taradale Vineyards, Hawkes Bay, and Women's Institutes & Home Handicrafts Lt...
Free