Church of the Holy Name of Jesus (Ashburton, N.Z.)

Built in 1882 in Flemish Gothic style by Francis William Petre. Demolished in 1931 to make way for a new church. See "The warm wind of faith ; a history of the Catholic Church in Ashburton" by M J Hanrahan (ATL P 282 HAN 1981)

There are 5 related items to this topic
Barton, Cranleigh Harper, 1890-1975 :R. C. Church, Ashburton. [ca 1950]
From: Barton, Cranleigh Harper 1890-1975 :[Akaroa scenes] / Cranleigh Barton [ca 1950] Ref: A-227-334 Description: Shows a stucco church with a square tower, and round-topped windows along one side. Futher buildings are in the background. The church is the Church of the H...
Ref: 1/4-074826-F Description: Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s).
Ref: 1/4-074827-F Description: Quantity: 1 b&w original negative(s).
The Roman Catholic church, Ashburton - Photograph taken by A.W.H.
Date: [Between 1910s and 1920s] By: Hopkins, Alfred Walter, 1882-1969 Ref: 1/2-000401-G Description: View of the Roman Catholic church in Ashburton, "Church of the Holy Name of Jesus", which was designed by Francis William Petre. Photograph probably taken by...
Free
Date: 1975, 1979, 1992, date unknown From: Thornton, Geoffrey Garth, 1922-2017: Papers and photographs relating to industrial and construction heritage Ref: PA12-12283 Description: Transparencies of New Zealand South Island churches taken by Geoffrey Thornton or Jocelyn Thornton. Each slide mount is annotated with the name or brief desc...