- [ca 1120-1150]
- Boethius, -524; Turnbull, Alexander Horsburgh, 1868-1918Guido, d'Arezzo, 991?-
- `De Musica' by Boethius is followed by four works of Guido d'Arezzo: `Micrologus', 'Regule rithmice', 'Prologus in antiphonarium', and `Epistola ad Michahelem'. Source of title - Supplied title Other Titles - d'Arezzo, Guido, fl 990-1050 : Micrologus, Regule rithmice, Prologus in antiphonarium, Epistola ad Michahelem Quantity: 1 volume(s). Physical Description: Vellum, 102 leaves, plus contemporary flyleaf; 211 x 144 mm. Single column, 33 lines, ruled in plummet with text beginning above the top ruled line; written space 156 x 82 mm; written in black ink in a small Romanesque bookhand; headings in red. Finding Aids: Manion no. 140. Provenance: Twelfth century in the library of Christ Church Cathedral, Canterbury, England; erased name, Alexander Staple, on recto of front flyleaf; sixteenth-century inscriptions naming Adam Shakerley and Wyllm Tally on inside lower cover; binding made for an owner with initials `I.B.'; acquired 1900 for £150 by Alexander H Turnbull from the bookseller Bernard Quaritch (see Alexander H. Turnbull, Acquistion Book, MSX-8822, p.238, no.2191).
- Additional description
- Alternative form available: Microfilm copies available in Katherine Mansfield Reading Room. Use MS-Copy-Micro-0271
- Access restrictions
- Partly restricted - Please use surrogate in place of original
- 1 volume(s), Illuminated manuscripts, Parchment, Vellum, 102 leaves, plus contemporary flyleaf; 211 x 144 mm., Single column, 33 lines, ruled in plummet with text beginning above the top ruled line; written space 156 x 82 mm; written in black ink in a small Romanesque bookhand; headings in red., Binding: Late sixteenth or early seventeenth English calf over pasteboards, rebacked, old spine laid on, gilt edges., Decoration: 2- to 3- line initials throughout in red, blue, yellow or green, some with slight flourishes extending into the margin; five decorated initials (14- to 15-line); includes diagrams and illustrations.
Click to request to view this item, access digital version (if available), and see more information.
Purchasing this Item
This item is available as a high resolution download. A request to buy an image can take up to 10 working days to approve. It will depend on copyright and how the image is going to be used.
If this item has multiple pages, or is several items attached to a single record, you can use this form to order your copy.
Using this Item
You can copy this item for personal use, share it, and post it on a blog or website. It cannot be used commercially without permission, please ask us for advice. If reproducing this item, please maintain the integrity of the image (i.e. don't crop, recolour or overprint it), and ensure the following credit accompanies it: