Dalgety & Company Ltd
Merchants and woolbrokers with branches in Australia, New Zealand, and London. Established in 1884 when the Dalgety companies in Australia, New Zealand and London were incorporated as a limited liability company, with F.G. Dalgety as Chairman until his death in 1894. The firm name became Dalgety & New Zealand Loan Ltd when it merged with the New Zealand Loan & Mercantile Angency Co. Ltd in 1962. In 1983 it merged with Crown Consolidated Ltd to become Dalgety Crown Corporation Ltd. In 1986 it was called Dalgety Crown Ltd and was acquired by Wrightson NMA Ltd, later (in 1993) to become Wrightson Ltd.
Had office building in Featherston Street.
Wool and Grain Stores were located at 238-242 Thorndon Quay - they were constructed in 1905 and demolished in 1985.