9576-ton liner built for the Huddard Parker Company. Launched 1929. Sailed between Australia and New Zealand from 1933 to 1962. Served as an Australian hospital ship during the Second World War. Hit Barrett's Reef, Wellington, at 11.30 pm 19 January 1947. Served as Deep Cove Manapouri hostel ship from 1963 to 1970. The doctor on board at that time was Dr W B Reekie, and before him Dr A Milton (see cutting at Eph-B-SHIP-1967). Scrapped 1970.