Orari Gorge Station
The first high country land in Canterbury to be developed as a sheep station, together with Mount Peel Station. In 1855, John Barton Arundel Acland (1824–1904) and Charles George Tripp (1826-1897) obtained a pastoral lease in South Canterbury that included level land near the Orari River and most of the foothills and flanks of the Mount Peel range. They dissolved their partnership in 1861, and Tripp retained Orari Gorge Station. The farm buildings, dating from the earliest period of the station's development, from 1859 to circa 1870s, are now a Category 1 Historic Place. The station is still owned by descendants of Charles Tripp.